Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
Motion Graphics Animator - Warriors (Oakland, CA)
About the Position
The Motion Graphics Animator is responsible for conceptualizing, creating and designing motion graphics and animations for Warriors Studio Productions. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to create visual stories across web, digital and in-arena platforms that is attractive, absorbing, sharable, and entertaining to our fan base. The role is specifically responsible for working side by side with other designers and video editors to bring their narratives to life through a wide range of marketing campaigns, mini-movies, documentaries, social media videos, and game highlights. The position collaborates with all Marketing & Digital groups as well as our internal customers: PR, Sponsorship, Events, Community Relations, and Arena to help deliver quality content.
This is a full time position and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Design and animate dynamic 2D and 3D motion graphics used in all aspects of Warriors Studio video productions.
- Assist the motion graphics team in producing content for in-game entertainment for all Golden State Warriors home-games at Oracle Arena.
- Assist the in-game production team in implementing graphic playback at all Golden State Warriors home matches at Oracle Arena.
- Work with the Studio team made up of shooters, editors and producers to conceive and execute projects that enhance the overall product.
- Implement, execute and maintain graphic elements and packages used across Warriors Studio content.
- Design and animate social media graphics, logos, video intros, lower thirds and backend graphics used on all Warriors Studio productions.
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier and Cinema 4D to create motion graphics and animations for team productions and long-range assignments.
- Proactively contribute creative ideas while demonstrating desire to push designs/animations to the next level.
- Intertwine video with motion graphics and animation to create immersive and entertaining content.
Required Experience & Skills
- BA in Video Production, Graphic Design or Digital/ Art Design
- 3-5 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion/editing experience
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premier.
- Experience in Cinema 4D.
- Passion for storytelling and sports – with the desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance the Golden State Warriors brand.
- Ability to work individually and in multiple groups, on multiple time-tables in a deadline driven environment.
- Accomplished at concept and storyboard design, utilizing current trends in motion graphic design.
- Knowledge and understanding of various video codecs and file formats.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Must be highly organized and motivated to work in a creative environment – while having the ability to work within strict timelines in an organized manner.
- Must be a team player with the ability to communicate with other groups within the Golden State Warriors.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours – including nights, weekend and holidays as needed.